One of the more recent payment methods to hit to the online gaming world just a few years back now, was the option to pay through a mobile phone bill. This method has already proven very popular amongst online bingo players, and it basically is what it says on the tin.
It gives players a real flexibility and ease when managing online bingo funds, and it’s an option for both pre-paid phone users plus those with monthly mobile phone contracts. If used as part of a pre-paid phone plan then the amount will be deducted immediately from your balance. If used as part of a monthly contract plan however, the amount will then be added to your bill at the end of each month.
It’s considered one of the safest ways to manage online gaming funds these days, and it’s faster and much more convenient than most other payment methods too. It doesn’t require any cards, numbers or passwords, and all you need is a phone number registered in your name and you’re pretty much ready to use the service straight away. Most sites will have teamed up with a specific pay by phone bill provider, and these third party platforms will then process the payments.
The majority of online bingo and casino sites are teamed up with services like Boku or Payforit. These are online payment platforms that allow players to pay by phone bill through individual online bingo sites. They are super simple to use and will appear in the banking sections of most sites, and will take just a few seconds to authorise a transaction. Simply select the option when making a deposit, then enter your registered phone number and you’ll be sent a text message to say that the transaction is complete.
Pay By Phone Bill Bingo Sites
|Bingo Site||Min Deposit||Withdrawal Method||Visit|
|mFortune||£3||Any Other Method|
|Dove Bingo||£10||Card, PayPal|
|Barbados Bingo||£10||Card or PayPal|
|Mr Spin Bingo||£3||Any Other Method|
|Pots Of Luck Bingo||£15||Bank Transfer||
T&Cs apply, 18+
|Fever Bingo||£10||PayPal / Card|
|Umbingo||£10||Bank Card or PayPal|
|Cherry Wins||£15||Bank Transfer|
|Casino Dames||£15||Bank Transfer|
|PocketWin||£3||Any Other Method|
|Zeus Bingo||£10||Card, PayPal|
|Showreel Bingo||£10||Cards / PayPal|
|Boyle Bingo||£5||Multiple Methods||
T&Cs apply, 18+
|Elf Bingo||£10||Cards & PayPal|
|Viking Bingo||£10||PayPal or Card|
|Lights Camera Bingo||£10||Bank Card or PayPal|
|Bingo Fling||£10||Cards & PayPal|
The Benefits Of Using Pay By Phone Bill To Play Online Bingo
There are so many benefits to using either a monthly mobile phone plan or a pre-paid mobile phone for online bingo and gaming these days.
Below are the main advantages and also disadvantages to using a pay by phone bill option, and also a few things to keep in mind when using it to fund your online bingo account.
Advantages To Using Pay By Phone Bill For Online Bingo
- SPEED – It’s so quick to use the pay by phone bill payment option, as you will only ever need to enter minimal information. All that’s required is a registered mobile phone number, plus access to the phone of which number you enter.
- SECURITY – It’s considered to be one of the safest online payment methods around nowadays, as you don’t ever need to enter any personal banking details. You wont have to enter any bank card numbers, or any personal addresses or information etc.
- CONVENIENCE – Almost everyone has a personal mobile phone these days, therefore it’s very easy to just use it to pay for online bingo too.
- EASE – As it doesn’t require any bank cards or PIN codes, paying by phone bill allows you to make a quick deposit through the click of a button. You won’t need to rummage around trying to find your cards, and you can also keep track of payments easily through your phone bills.
- ACCESSIBILTY – Most online bingo sites will have the option to pay by phone bill nowadays, so you should be able to find it easily available across several bingo networks.
Disadvantages To Using Pay By Phone Bill For Online Bingo
- NETWORK DEPENDENT – Unfortunately not all mobile phone networks support the pay by phone bill payment option. Bigger networks such as EE and Vodafone will usually allow it, however the smaller, more local networks may not comply.
- NO WITHDRAWALS – You cannot yet make a withdrawal via a mobile phone bill, so you will still have to set up another type of payment method to do so. Therefore if you have to add your banking details anyway, you may not see much point in using the pay by phone bill method as well.
- SMALLER DEPOSIT LIMIT – Most credit and debit cards have much higher deposit limits compared to when you pay by phone bill. Some players may actually prefer a limit so they don’t overspend, however you can set up personal spending limits on most payment methods should you wish to.
- NO ACCESS TO BONUSES – Some sites may not allow you to qualify for certain bonuses and promotions should you deposit using pay by phone. You also might miss out on certain offers if the initial deposit amount exceeds the pay by phone bill deposit cap.
As you can see, there are still a few disadvantages to using the pay by phone bill option for online bingo. It might be worth using it as an extra option sometimes when you’re on the go however, as it saves you having to fumble around for debit cards and passcodes.
How To Use Pay By Phone Bill To Play Online Bingo
As mentioned above using pay by phone bill is super simple. It’s probably one of the quickest methods around these days, and as soon as you get your head around the initial steps there really isn’t much else to it.
As long as you understand that it goes through a carrier billing company such as Boku or Payforit, everything else is pretty self explanatory. Below is a brief guideline on how to use the pay by phone bill payment option. These steps can vary from site to site, however it will generally always be along these lines:
- Log into your preferred online bingo site, then go to the banking section via the homepage.
- Press deposit then choose phone bill and select the amount. The site then usually takes you through to the carrier page i.e. via Boku or Payforit.
- Next you will be asked to enter your registered mobile phone number.
- You will then be sent a text message which prompts you to authorise the transaction.
- You may then be sent an activation code to enter into the online bingo site, or the transaction may just have gone straight through.
It really is as simple as that, and shouldn’t take more than a minute or so tops. As soon as the transaction has been completed, you will be able to use the funds in your online bingo account immediately.
Boku is the most widely used carrier billing service across most online bingo and casino sites. There are other options sometimes available like Payforit, but it’s most likely that you will be directed to pay via Boku.
The company are currently one of the largest and most popular carrier billing platforms used throughout the world, and they have over 160 carrier connections with nearly 14 million users globally.
Carrier billing is one of the most accessible digital payment methods used nowadays, alongside certain ewallet brands like PayPal and Skrill. It’s the pure ease and convenience of it all that I think has made it so popular, as it completely cuts out using any personal banking details.
As most people already own mobile phones these days too, it seems only natural to just pay via your phone bill. It speeds up the payment process and also helps you keep track of your payments easily, plus it’s very safe and secure as you will only ever be sharing your mobile phone number. As with most other carrier billing payment methods, Boku have daily spending limits in place too. This aims to encourage responsible gaming, and helps keep players within a budget.
What Is Boku And How Does It Work?
Here is some more information from the Boku website, giving you more exact details on what Boku is and how to use it:
- What is Boku? – As mentioned before, Boku is a mobile payment processing company that allows customers to make charges to a mobile phone number. You can use Boku very easily for online bingo, as well as lots of other online social and entertainment purposes.
- Bank accounts and cards – You do not need a bank account or credit or debit card to use Boku. All you will need is an active mobile phone with carrier billing services enabled.
- Contracts or PAYG – You can use Boku with both contract mobile billing, and also pre-paid mobile phones too. The amount will be added to a contract phone bill each month, or deducted instantly from pre-paid credit.
Should any problems arise when using Boku, you can contact the team over at the Boku website. You can email the customer service department using a submission form on the support page, plus there’s a really great list of answers to lots of Boku FAQ’s.
Pay By Phone Bill Fees Time Frames
As already mentioned earlier in this article, the time frames when using pay by phone bill are as follows:
|Monthly Phone Billing||Pre-Paid Mobile Phone|
|Deposit amounts will be added to your monthly phone bill charges, and you will pay as part of your direct debit at the end of each month.||Deposits will be deducted instantly from your Pay As You Go mobile phone balance.|
Pay By Phone Bill Fees & Charges
Generally when using the pay by phone bill option for online bingo, there are very rarely any additional fees or charges.
The only time that any fees may occur however, is sometimes through your own individual mobile phone operator.
Although it’s highly unlikely that any charges will occur, it’s always best to check with your network provider as some may charge for using carrier billing services.
It’s worth noting that if any fees do occur along the way though, it’s likely that they will only ever be very minimal charges.
Pay By Phone Bill Safety Online
When using a pay by phone bill payment option, you are automatically guaranteed a great level of safety and security online.
You will never be asked to share any personal banking information, and you will always have to authorise the payment via text message yourself.
It’s generally considered one of the safest online payment methods around these days, and it’s very rare that any problems should arise.
It’s very easy to see why paying via a phone bill has become so popular amongst online bingo players throughout the world. Here are the main reasons why people find it so handy as a payment option:
- It’s safe and secure and doesn’t require sharing any personal banking details.
- It’s very convenient as most people will already have a mobile phone account whether pre-paid or contract.
- It saves you fumbling around for credit and debit cards every time you make a deposit.
- It has low spending limits automatically set up, therefore encouraging responsible gaming.
- It’s very simple and quick to use and a payment is authorised within seconds.
- There are generally no charges or fees incurred when using the pay by phone bill option.
- Most online bingo and casino sites will offer pay by phone bill as a payment option these days.
Overall, payment by phone bill is a really great choice for online bingo players. It’s quick, easy and requires minimal information, and it is generally offered across most online bingo sites. The only thing to keep in mind when using this payment method however, is that it doesn’t yet give you the option to also withdraw any winnings. It’s still worth using for deposits however, and it’s especially great for gaming on the go.